Saturday, April 4, 2015

Pom Pom Cake Toppers

Hello friends! Yesterday was my birthday and I wasn't really planning to have an extravagant celebration because it was also Good Friday. But I still asked my sister to bake a cake for me so I can at least blow my birthday cake on my birthday. Hehe.

And of course, my birthday cake has to have some personal touch which is why I made these yarn pom pom cake toppers.


For the cake, we just made it with regular vanilla batter with buttercream frosting. While that one's chilling in the fridge, we made the pom poms.


You can actually make yarn pom poms with a fork. If you want to learn how to make them, click here. There are tons of tutorials that you will find on Pinterest. It's very easy!


And then, you can stick your pom poms on wooden skewers with hot glue. But in my case, our bamboo skewers were too thin so I decided to use plastic drinking straws instead.


And here's a bouquet of pom poms for you! Cut the tip of the straw diagonally so you can easily insert them on the cake. Paper straws will also work if you have the thick and sturdy ones.


Take the cake out of your fridge and decorate it with your awesome pom poms! 


Your regular white frosted cake just got colorful. I like how white the birthday cake is. It's like a blank canvas. And then the cake topper is the subject of the painting. Haha.


Let me know what you guys think of this tutorial. :) Spruce up your plain birthday cake with easy DIY pom pom cake toppers.


3 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...